Animation Experiment

(This is reprinted from my own blog because I think the software could be a good intro to storytelling with technology)

The other day, one of my sixth graders asked me if I had ever used Pivot for animation, which led to an interesting discussion about how this freeware software could be used with MovieMaker to create a little animated film.

So I figured I would try it out and now I am hoping to let my students try their hand before the school year runs out (soon!) and also to use this very simple, yet cool, software as an introduction to the Claymation Animation Camp that my wife and I are running this summer for the very first time (gulp).

Here, then, is the premiere of The Incredibly Crazy Clocks, using Pivot to create the animation (it comes out as an animated .gif file), then I imported the file into MovieMaker where I added some original music of mine, and a title, an I got a mini-movie.

[kml_flashembed movie="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=6106772181624048098" width="400" height="326" wmode="transparent" /]

// Peace (frame by frame by frame),
Kevin

3 thoughts on “Animation Experiment

1. I love that and the music, wonderful. It looks like the software is for PC, yes?
    Bonnie

2. Kevin,
    You never cease to amaze me! This is really great. A good way to get kids to think about animation and frame by frame movement. Also a great storytelling tool. Thanks for sharing!
    Tonya